Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 18, 2014 - Matt Desrosiers

Today I woke up not knowing what to expect of the Milton Mary gutting worksite even after all of the good things that I heard about it.  During all of the preparations and safety procedures everyone seemed eager to start working and tear the house apart.  Although work started slow with tedious clean up from the previous day, it brightened up a bit when I got to get rid of unwanted stress by smashing and kicking my way through walls.  Today I worked with some new people for the first time since the beginning of the trip and what I realized today was that it is just so incredibly easy to become really close to someone while working with them.  It doesn't matter what you're doing or how long you're doing it for or even if you're communicating with them, work always seems to bring people closer because doing a job is much easier with some company.  Being with my peers outside of the school environment really showed me the true personalities of the "quiet" kids, but in reality I just never really had the chance to talk to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment